Workplace Occupational Medicine professional staff believes good employee health is integral to productive work. Our occupational physicians and nurses have years of experience designing and implementing successful occupational health systems.
We measure success by:
- Achieved improvements in general health of employees
- Eduction in corporate health costs and workers' compensation costs
Workplace Occupational Medicine offers corporate medical directorship and occupational health program management based on scientific principle; regulatory and legal requirements; and value to business.
Dr. Adams is President of Workplace Occupational Medicine. He has over 20 years experience in occupational and environmental medicine. He serves as Director of Occupational Medicine of several regional and national companies. He practices clinical occupational medicine at Morehead Memorial Hospital, Eden NC. His interests include workplace health management, workplace toxicology and worker’s compensation case management.
- Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Residency in Occupational Medicine, July 1992-June 1993
- M.P.H., University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA, May 1990-August 1992
- Family Practice Residency Program, Roanoke Memorial Hospital, July 1987-September 1989
- Affiliated Hospitals Program in Internal Medicine, University of Virginia, Roanoke, VA, July 1986-June 1987
- M.D., Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, September 1983-May 1986
- Board Certified in Occupational Medicine – 1994
- Board Certified in Family Medicine – 1990-1997
- Diplomat of American Board of Preventive Medicine
- Diplomat of American Board of Family Practice, 1990-1997
- Diplomat of National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Medical Association
- American College of Occupational & Environmental Medicine
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Carolinas Occupational & Environmental Medicine Association, President 2002-03
- Greater Greensboro Society of Medicine
Joey Koford is Director of Occupational Health Programs at Workplace Group. Mr. Koford served as Director of Occupational Health Services, Morehead Hospital, Eden, NC from 2001 to 2009. He has 12 years experience in occupational nursing. He has 25 years of paramedic and emergency room nursing experience. Mr. Koford also has extensive workers’ compensation experience.